Partnerships through the Pandemic: Stronger Together
This webpage links to a variety of our partner resources to support teachers and parents in promoting health, well-being and physical activity.
Activity Database - Alberta Active After School/Ever Active Schools
- Browse hundreds of activities that support physical activity, wellness, creativity and leisure. You can filter by activity type, age, skill, duration, play area and group size.
HPEC Website - Health and Physical Education Council of the Alberta Teachers Association
- The Health and Physical Education Council, as a professional organization of teachers, advocates for quality health and physical education programs and provides opportunities for professional growth and development of its members. Check out their website for leadership and communication for healthy and physical education in Alberta.
- OPHEA has put together a collection of our health and physical education content to use with your kids to stay healthy and active at home.
Active at Home - Be Fit For Life
- Be Fit For Life is compiling and sharing ideas to keep the whole family moving while at home.
PLAY Education - Tracy Lockwood
- Follow-along videos to support educators who work with children and youth to increase competence, confidence and motivation towards the development of physical literacy.
200+ Activities You Can Do With Your Kids At Home - Active for Life
- Active for Life has compiled a list of hundreds of activities designed to keep kids learning through play. These active games help keep kids moving and learning while at home.
ParticipACTION Blog - ParticipACTION
- Check out ParticipACTION's blog for many different ways to get and stay active.
Playbuilder Activities to Stay Active at Home - Sport for Life
- Sport for Life is sharing some of the activities from our PLAYBuilder tool to try out at home to keep kids moving and mentally engaged.
Active at Home - Edmonton Sport Council
- A list of activities from Edmonton Sport Council that can be done at home and in different settings.
Hoops @ Home- Alberta Basketball
- Take the challenge and keep advancing your basketball skills at home!
COVID-19 Resources - Special Olympics Alberta
- A collection of resources to support physical activity while at home.
Play From Home - Jumpstart Canada
- A collection of of ideas to help kids be active at home.
At Home Sport and Recreation - Grande Prairie Regional Sport Connection
- GP Sport Connection has gathered resources for home sport and recreation and organized them by age groups, from 0-5 to 18+.
Keeping Active at Home - Active Living Alliance for Canadians with a Disability
- ALAC has created a weekly blog about things people can do to stay active at home.
Resources - APPLE Schools
- APPLE schools has compiled resources for grades K-6 that use a comprehensive school health approach. The focus of these resources is on physical activity and healthy eating.
DIY Activities - Kids Up Front
- Stay occupied with these do-it-yourself home experiments, workouts and dance parties!
At Home Activities - City of Calgary
- The City of Calgary has compiled activities to help with learning, staying active, crafts and games.
PHE Home Learning Centre - Physical and Health Education Canada
- PHE Canada has compiled supports for educators to continue offering quality physical and health education learning experiences within a home setting.
Healthy At Home - Dedicated Action for School Health (DASH)
- Easy-to-use, one-page resources that can connect educators and parents to the BC Physical and Health Education Curriculum for grades Kindergarten through to Grade 7.
Neighbourhood Adventure - Self-Guided Orienteering - Alberta Orienteering Association
- Engage your mind and body with this unique map based outdoor activity in your neighbourhood. Take the challenge. No experience necessary, the step by step guide will lead you through it.
Bring Dance Into Your Home - Canada's National Ballet School
- Canada's National Ballet School (NBS) wants to share the power of dance and help you find creative ways to keep moving. Move with them, through the power of technology, and bring the joy of dance into your home - includes resources for all ages!
So Healthy At Home - Special Olympics
- A central hub for information, resources and activities to keep people healthy and active at home. The site also has a virtual calendar that collects all the live workouts that are happening daily across the movement in one place.
At Home Resources - BOKS
- BOKS Kids is offering free and accessible games and activities to keep kids active and happy at home!
Resources - Centre for Active Living
- A collection of resources related to physical activity and sedentary behaviour, including research findings, program information, articles, websites, policy documents, and fact sheets.
Healthy at Home - Dedicated Action for School Health (DASH)
- Easy-to-use, one-page resources that can connect educators and parents to the BC Physical and Health Education curriculum for students in Kindergarten through grade 7.
Mental Health Strategies - Edmonton Catholic School Division
- A collection of resources and pages to support mental health during COVID-19.
Text4Hope - Alberta Health Services
- Through a set of daily messages, people receive advice and encouragement helpful in developing healthy personal coping skills and resiliency.
Improving Mental Health During COVID-19 - Dr. Jerome Perera
- Advice from a Canadian psychiatrist and clinician-teacher on supporting your mental health during COVID-19
Resources and Online Store - Ever Active Schools
- Check out the Ever Active Schools online store for resources to support physical education, physical activity and mental health & well-being, including a variety of free downloadable resources.
Activity Booklet - Jennifer Jorgensen, Alberta Health Services
- This resource is intended to be a “Grab and Go” link to several printable resources that you can use at home.
Virtual Services- Recreational Respite
- Unique interactive and innovative virtual (online) services that will offer experiential outcomes through 1:1, mini (4) and small groups (6) and ‘screen sharing’ programs where siblings or parents and their children, can take part together. These services are for children, youth and adults.
- The Alberta Native Friendship Centres Association supports active member Friendship Centres, who, through program and service delivery, engage with and improve the quality of life for urban Indigenous people.
Highlights from a COVID-19 Fireside Chat with Indigenous Health Professionals - Idle No More and Indigenous Climate Action
- Highlights from a webinar for Indigenous health planners who are working on the ground address in the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Connected North @ Home - Connected North
- Connected North, Cisco and a variety of Connected North providers are offering dozens of opportunities for students to connect to museums, zoos, artists, storytellers and other amazing organizations to offer unique learning experiences while students are at home.
Remote Learning Page - Edmonton Catholic School District
- A centralized and ongoing collection of resources and support from our curriculum, assessment, languages and emerging technology consultants.
COVID-19 Resources - Alberta Recreation and Parks Association (ARPA)
- ARPA has compiled a list of resources to help respond to and prepare for COVID-19 impacts.
Feed a Family - Free Footie
- Help vulnerable families by donating, delivering food, or grocery shopping.
Community Facebook Page - Town of Slave Lake
- This Facebook page shares various resources, activities, how-to's etc. from the community.
Resources and Information - Inclusion Alberta
- Inclusion Alberta provides resources and information to support children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Wellness at Home - YMCA of Northern Alberta
- Resources related to child and youth care, fitness, mental health supports and technology tips.
Empower Youth Accessibility Champions - Rick Hansen Foundation
- School program with education resources for grades K-12 to empower students to become champions in accessibility and inclusion.
- Tamaca therapists travel to rural, remote and First Nations communities to provide assessment, intervention and counselling services in the client's home community.
Special Grants for Access to Food - Breakfast Clubs of Canada
- Breakfast Club of Canada is issuing special grants for community organizations to help ensure children and families have access to food during the COVID-19 crisis.
Connecting Families - Government of Canada
- The Government of Canada's Connecting Families initiative, in partnership with internet service providers, helps eligible low-income Canadian families get home internet services for $10 per month.
- A collection of resources to keep you and your family active during COVID-19
Library at Home - Calgary Public Library
- The digital library is open with real, live staff answering all of our phone calls, chats and emails from Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm! Staff can help with anything from accessing resources to signing people up for memberships.
Alberta Healthy Communities Hub - Alberta Health Services
- A place where Albertans can connect, share and learn as they plan and build healthy communities.