The social and physical environment is one of the four components of comprehensive school health.
The social environment is:
- The quality of the relationship among and between staff and students in the school
- The emotional well-being of students
- Influences by relationships with families and the wider community.
The physical environment includes:
- The buildings, grounds, play space and equipment in and surrounding the school
- Basic amenities such as sanitation and air cleanliness. JCSH
For resources that support the social and physical environments pillar of comprehensive school health please visit the three priority area resource pages: physical activity, healthy eating and positive social environments.