The social and physical environment is one of the four components of comprehensive school health.
COMING SOON: NEW RESOURCE SECTION
Please note we're in the process of reorganizing and reconstructing our Resource section. During this rebuild, you may run into broken links and the structure of the pages may change and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need help finding what you're looking for, please email us at email@example.com or give our office a call at 780-454-4745 and we'd be happy to assist you.
The social environment is:
- The quality of the relationship among and between staff and students in the school
- The emotional well-being of students
- Influences by relationships with families and the wider community.
The physical environment includes:
- The buildings, grounds, play space and equipment in and surrounding the school
- Basic amenities such as sanitation and air cleanliness. JCSH
For resources that support the social and physical environments pillar of comprehensive school health please visit the three priority area resource pages: physical activity, healthy eating and positive social environments.