Youth Advisory Council
We're looking for enthusiastic students to join our Youth Advisory Council (YAC). Share your voice, perspectives, thoughts and opinions on priority topics such as employment, education, and health and wellness.
We're looking for...
Are you between the ages of 15-25 and interested in health and well-being? Join the Ever Active Schools Youth Advisory Council! We're looking for 10 enthusiastic youth from across Alberta and beyond to share their voices on topics like employment, education, and health and wellness.
If selected, you'll serve on the council for a term of 1-3 years.
Applications are open until March 3, 2023
Compensation and Benefits
There are many benefits to contributing to the Youth Advisory Council. Members have the opportunity to build personal advocacy and leadership abilities within a youth engagement framework that supports positive development and helps achieve personal goals. In addition to this, benefits/compensations include:
- Travel coverage
- Professional credentials on your resume
- Job skill assistance (e.g., resume building)
- Recommendation Letters
- Access to Ever Active Schools programs and resources (e.g., High Five Training, etc.)
- Ever Active Schools support in implementing community change
- Engaging in networking and exploration of future employment opportunities
- Free merchandise bag