Healthy Schools Alberta Magazine
Fall 2021 Cover Photo Contest
Ever Active Schools is hosting a cover photo contest!
This is your chance to have your photo or artwork featured on the front cover of the Fall 2021 edition of Healthy Schools Alberta magazine. Submit your image along with 5-7 sentences about what it means to you! The winner will receive a $500.00 prize as well as their artwork featured on the magazine cover.
What's the contest?
Looking for a creative project to inspire your students? Have a student whose art should be showcased? Check out the Healthy Schools Alberta magazine cover photo contest! Open to Alberta K-12 students and all forms of still visual art: photo, paint, drawing – you name it! The magazine is sent to every school in Alberta as well as a variety of education, health, recreation and research sector stakeholders (~2,600 copies).
- The theme: "What I love about Alberta"
- The deadline: June 15, 2021
- The prize: $500 (and a feature on the cover of the magazine!)
How do I enter?
Fill out the submission form with all required information, including:
- First and last name, grade, email address
- Attach your artwork (7:9 aspect ratio and maximum 2mb file size)
- Attach your PIPA forms (must be completed and signed for the artist as well as any persons featured in the final image)
- Consent for Ever Active Schools to use your image in the magazine and on social media
- Think about what you love about Alberta and what makes it unique. Is it the diverse landscape? The resilience of the people that live here? A strong sense of community? Use this to inspire your work and to help describe it.
- If you get stuck, ask your friends, family and classmates for help. They can critique your work or discuss ideas, as long as you are the one to create the art.
- We are not looking for perfection. If you feel inspired to create in a way that you are not a master at, that’s ok! Give it your best shot.
- Get creative!
- Artwork can be any kind of still visual that can be submitted digitally: photograph, painting, drawing, etc.
- Final image should be 7:9 aspect ratio and up to 2MB.
- Write a description of your artwork including the medium (what you used to create the artwork - pencil crayon, photograph, acrylic paint, etc) and the meaning behind your image, what inspired you, etc.
- Submit all PIPA forms in one file. You can use free online programs like smallpdf.com to combine the files if you need to.
- Must be a resident of Alberta and a student in grades K-12.
- Must submit a signed Personal Information Protection Act of Alberta (PIPA) form for the artist and any persons identifiable within the image.
- Prize money will be awarded via cheque in Canadian Dollars.
- Submissions must be original and the property of the person submitting it.
- Submissions will be judged by an impartial panel consisting of Ever Active Schools staff, board members and community partners. Judging will focus on relation to the theme, creativity, and overall aesthetic.
- Three runners-up will be selected to be featured within a spread in the magazine.
- By submitting artwork, you agree to allow Ever Active Schools to share your submitted artwork in the Fall 2021 edition of Healthy Schools Alberta magazine, as well as on social media channels, in perpetuity. Credit will always be given to the artist.
- There is no cost to enter.
- Maximum 2 entries per person.
- Contest closes at 11:59pm on June 15, 2021. Winners and runners-up will be contacted by July 15, 2021.
- Children of Ever Active Schools employees are not eligible to enter.